Sunday, December 2, 2012

The First of Many..

It’s been more than 9 months since my last post. Somehow, that’s a record. Not to say it’s a good one, cos I’d really like to have kept this blog alive.. but so many and so much has happened.. one thing dragged to another.. things get overtaken by other events and before I know it, here I am.. sitting in front of my comp, finally getting down to another post.. 9 months later. Great. Some record.

The past 9 months has been filled with a myriad of events.. I’ve seen myself going overseas at least 4 times, of which most of them were work related.. I’ve been to places that I’d never have wanted to re-visit (but still did in the end) and done things which I don’t want to ever recall in the name of ‘work’, but yet, I’ve also seen some of the most dashing scenes, had the most brilliant meals, taken the most astounding pictures and spent the best times overseas too. So who am I to complain really..

I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the best soldiers from around the world and they have given me an insight to how human they really are.. how down-to-earth they really are, and it blesses me to see that they are so willing to do their job and do it well.. the sheer dedication and the kind of life they choose to live.. it’s refreshing to see how a foreign counterpart thinks so different simply because of the environment he is in.. even though we may be doing a somewhat similar job in a somewhat similar setting.. I am humbled.

Ok, that said, I’m still trying to figure out just what else to type in here. It’s a never ending story, the past 9 months.. too many events to be typing away at one go, at 2 in the morning.. for one, my computer decided to poop out on me once again.

The typical windows comes with its once-a-so-very-often-need-to-format syndrome, and after spending 2 days, I think I got it back to how it used to be.. the previous hardwork of trying to ghost the image of the harddisk didn’t seem to quite work.. so I gave up and started from scratch.. now I think I’ve gotten the most up-to-date system I’ve ever used in the past 5 yrs. Haha.. so maybe it’s a good thing after all..

And esp, cos I didn’t bring my OLD photoshop5, I’m now forced to install my Photoshop CS5 after it arrived in the mail more than a year ago. FINALLY..

There’s still a tonne to update, a tonne to talk about and a tera-tonne of pictures I’d love to upload. But that’ll probably have to wait.. hopefully I see some light at the end of this very dark tunnel of my work life..

No comments: